Monday, June 10, 2013

The cook & the chef


Michael's parents are staying with us from Tassie so my Mother In-law, Lorraine and I whipped up a beautiful sponge cake for morning tea to test out my new Kitchenaid.
Apart from making lamingtons I had not made a proper sponge cake before so Lorraine showed me, the chef , how to make one. 




whipping the eggs





We used a Women's weekly Perfect sponge cake recipe and filled it with freshly whipped cream and raspberry jam.







It didn't last very long and was enjoyed by all.
I need to buy another tin so I can bake two halves at the same time, we cheated by cutting the one in half. (it still worked)

Erica.



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely cake, it has to be good as you made it with my favorite machine, the Kitchen Aid.......no seriously, you got a lovely blog and one of these days I will try the recipe out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots of cake tins suitable for sponges. I have mine and Nana Tongs' as well. Cake looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, Thankyou!