Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Miso eggplant

I have eggplant coming out of my ears in my veggie garden at the moment so I can try a few different recipes that I've wanted to try.

There is a delicious miso eggplant on the menu at my favourite Japanese restaurant, Akita -in North Melbourne, we go there for shabu shabu but this is another yummy dish they have, so I had a go at making it myself at home, it was very easy and tasted delicious.

RECIPE
  • 2 tbs mirin
  • 2 tbs white wine
  • 4 tbs white miso
  • 3 tbs sugar
  • 2 eggplants
  • 2 tbs sesame oil
  • 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 180 °C
Slice the eggplant in half, place on a lined baking tray and brush the cut side with sesame oil, bake for 15 minutes turning the eggplant half way through to cook evenly.
In a small saucepan place the mirin, wine, miso and sugar. Simmer until sugar and miso dissolve.
Spoon miso sauce onto the cut side of the cooked eggplant and bake for one minute or until the sauce starts to bubble. Serve with the toasted sesame seeds and some sliced spring onion.




Nasu Dengaku (Japanese eggplant with miso)

 Erica.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, Thankyou!